Oncam Grandeye Expands, Bringing its 360-Degree Technology to India
State-of-the-art security is critical. Thanks to Oncam Grandeye,Orphans Village Delhi’s new, purpose-built orphanage - comprised of 24 buildings, and an integral school - will be protected by Oncam Grandeye’s leading 360-degree technology that will “see” the entire space in real time and provide peace of mind to the children and their teachers.
Oncam Grandeye 360-Degree Technology Chosen to Protect Ireland’s Shannon Airport
Oncam Grandeye, the global innovator in technology, security solutions and 360-degree surveillance cameras, has been awarded a contract for the Shannon Airport Authority. Glasgow-based Video Management Systems (VMS), which selected Oncam Grandeye’s technology, will be the local integrator on the project, and the cameras will be controlled and managed through Titan Vision, VMS’ IP CCTV video management and PSIM solution.
Oncam Grandeye 360-Degree Technology to Protect Scotland’s Kelvingrove Art Gallery
Oncam Grandeye, the global innovator in 360-degree technology and security solutions, has been awarded a contract for Glasgow-based Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. Video Management Systems (VMS), which is also based in Glasgow, selected Oncam Grandeye’s technology and will be the integrator on the project.
Leading 360 view smart video-surveillance technology, IP Surveillance and dewarping software powered by Oncam Grandeye
The advantages of 360-degree "smart" video-surveillance technology in CCTV systems over traditional pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) cameras are many:
- Cover wide areas with no blind spots
- Quick installation and deployment because there is no need to set the camera angle and lens position, no need to focus the lens as it comes preset, PoE so no need to fit additional power supplies or run extra power cables to each camera
- Have no moving parts, silent running, extended life-expectancy and covertness are significantly increased while installation and maintenance costs are reduced
- Fewer cameras and infrastructure required to monitor a scene and a greater area is covered with a reduced number of cameras
- Eliminate the mechanical delay in traditional pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) cameras
- Allow for greater operator flexibility when configuring for live and recorded viewing, including defining polygonal areas of interest and areas of privacy
- Provide powerful signal processing, ensuring that an area is continuously available for intelligent image analysis
- Allow for multiple dewarped views of the scene, in addition to a single 360° overview fisheye image with independent PTZ analysis
- One fisheye lens allows for simultaneous tracking of up to four targets or events; therefore targets cannot be lost from view by moving in different directions
- Minimise network bandwidth usage, as the hemispheric view enables frame rates to be lowered while any activity remains in view for longer on the camera
- Detect all objects moving through the field of view, regardless of their position in the camera's field of view or their velocity
By providing total situational awareness, Oncam Grandeye's solutions are able to see the whole scene in real time or in playback using 360-degree technology. Ground-breaking recording solutions provide the ability to review incidents as if in real time, with the exact same PTZ capability that exists with live video. The reward of 360-degree technology can be counted not only in financial terms, but also in people's safety and lives.
Powered By Oncam Grandeye
Oncam Grandeye provide award-winning, patent-protected 360-degree technology that delivers many advantages over tghe industry's traditional single-view and existing cameras.
At the core of Oncam Grandeye's technology is ZiiLabs' media-rich application processors, hardware platforms and advanced middleware that allow many sophisticated imaging analytics to be quickly processed within the cameras themselves. Oncam Grandeye has developed 'smart' camera technology that greatly reduces system complexity and cost when compared with other approaches.
The key to Grandeye's technology is that housed within its cameras are powerful single-chip image processors that carry out tera operations per second on captured video data. This is a huge differentiator, offering significant advantages to installers and end users that result in reduction of system costs and complexity.
All Oncam Grandeye cameras utilise multi-megapixel image sensors and high-quality fisheye lenses that offer a hemispherical view of the world which, together with sophisticated image processing, enables us to generate multiple views. These views include fisheyes and dewarped views, such as virtual cameras that can pan, tilt and zoom around the scene, as well as panoramas for an overview.
Oncam Grandeye's cameras are so powerful that not only do they enable real-time views of a scene in multiple formats, but they also include their own onboard 360-degree video analytics software. This software is configurable to perform motion detection, motion tracking and even simultaneous tracking of multiple targets. Because Oncam Grandeye's IP cameras offer four independent virtual cameras, each with independent PTZ, motion tracking can be enabled in each one. The cameras also include sophisticated, but simple-to-use event-management tools for configuring motion detection, external inputs and other triggers.
Software Development Kit
Oncam Grandeye has an SDK Integration pack which enables NVR partners to fully integrate the Oncam Grandeye 360-degree dewarping capability, including PTZ of 'virtual cameras' and 'panoramic' views as well as access the various camera streams.
This powerful set of tools facilitates the integration of both the camera API and the dewarping SDK to enhance the End User experience and deliver all the benefits of the Oncam Grandeye 360-degree ranges of cameras.
PTZ on Playback
Oncam Grandeye's technology innovation extends beyond live viewing. By enabling high-resolution recording of the entire fisheye view, independent of what an operator is doing, images can be processed during playback as if they were live images. During playback, images can be dewarped, and virtual cameras can be generated enabling the viewer to pan, tilt and zoom around the entire scene. The result is that investigations can be carried on as if the video were live.
Around the world, Oncam Grandeye's technology has consistently won prestigious awards for innovation and effectiveness.