When you think about Oncam’s Evolution 05 and 12 Stainless Steel Cameras, there are likely a few words that immediately come to mind: performance, style, resiliency, toughness. They’re known for their ability to provide enhanced protection in the most demanding environments, where resistance to the elements and compliance to stringent regulations are paramount.
Now, we’ve added to these core qualities to make the Stainless Steel Camera Range even better. The recently announced new and improved camera design takes the best elements of the original design and and whilst adding a number of extra characteristics that further enhance the cameras capabilities in specialized surveillance applications. These enhancements include:
- Improved aesthetics. The Stainless Steel Camera range has been updated to be even more compact and aesthetically pleasing, making it an elegant solution for applications that feature high-end architecture.
- Additional certifications. The range has an improved list of certifications that solidifies its effectiveness in harsh atmospheres. In addition to the NSF Certification and IP69K rating, the camera certifications also include:
- NEMA 4X and 6P: The National Electrical Manufacturers Association develops product standards for the North American market equivalent that certify ingress protection against water and dust as well as protection against specific environmental conditions.
- IP68: makes the camera fit for submersion.
- IK10+: Certifies for increased protection against impact/vandalism.
- Tamper-proof security. The front cover of the camera can only be opened using a specialist tool, creating enhanced safety and protection.
- Extended Accessories range. Comprehensive range of stainless steel accessories and mounting options
- Simplified installation. The consolidation of fixing methods makes the camera installation easier and faster.
The Stainless Steel Camera is a core part of Oncam’s Specialist Camera line, which also includes the Evolution ExD Cameras, which are certified for explosive environments. These specialist cameras are designed especially for markets that experience extreme conditions and require durable surveillance equipment to avoid inefficiency or damage. As a result, the cameras in this line carry a unique set of certifications and characteristics that differentiate them from your typical surveillance camera.
One area in particular that can benefit from the Stainless Steel Cameras is the industrial market, where strict sanitary requirements and/or resistance to wash down or corrosion are critical. These facilities require a robust yet cost-effective method for monitoring activity and creating a safe work environment.
Additionally, the food and beverage sector can leverage the Stainless Steel Cameras for comprehensive surveillance that ensures food safety and hygiene best practices are followed while delivering built-in protection against harsh elements typically found in this market such as water and dust.
The revamped design of the Stainless Steel Camera creates improvements all around, contributing to a powerful and dependable safety device for environments that need durability the most. Check out the camera’s new design in person at Hazardex 2019 in Runcorn, on February 27-28, and at booth #34103 during ISC West in Las Vegas on April 10-12.